Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sugar fingers

I checked my BG's 2 hours after eating a salad and chicken tenders
210!!! Not possible...Ding Dong!!! Can you think of anything I could
have done to cause a high BG??
First thought- maybe I had too much salad dressing, nope ruled out.
Second thought-maybe my Pod site has a clot or blood in the cannula,
nope everything is okay there.
Ding, Ding!! I got it!!!!!!! I cut an apple for Niya and right after
that I checked my BG's and the sugar from the apple caused my BG's to
rise. I checked my BG's again...132!!! I cleared my throat, I never
forget to wash before I test, I promised myself---never forget to
wash my hands before checking my BG's....

Be Blessed
Cherise
Sent from my iPhone

1 comments:

Diabetes Type said...

Wow, I have never thought of that! Very interesting yet nerve racking at the same time. I guess I have just gotten myself in the habit of washing my hands. Thanks for the input just in case something like that every happens to myself